It’s almost the first day of Fall! (September 22, for all you Autumn lovers out there – get those PSLs!) Some students have been back in school for almost a month and some are just getting started, so here is our Top Five list for all the back to school tech items you need this fall semester.
- Aukey USB Charging Port: This device charges up to TEN devices at once and This is great for the students who need to be plugged in at all times or have multiple devices they’re carrying to class like their laptop, phone, and want to make sure their game controllers are charged up for after class. (Amazon, $40)
- Mint: This app is great for making a budget and sticking to it. It’s simple to use and includes clean graphics that make it really clear where your money is going. For times when you don’t have the ability to look at it on your phone, there’s also a website. (Free on iOS and GooglePlay)
- Good Morning Alarm Clock: Even if we’re not students any more, we all remember the mornings we woke up feeling too groggy to open our eyes completely, let alone go to class. This alarm clock app makes it easier to get up for work or school by using the science of the sleep cycle to wake you up within a 30-minute window of the time you set. (Don’t worry, if you never make it to the optimal sleep cycle for a wakeup call, the app wakes you up at the time you set. So you’ll never have to worry about oversleeping.) The app wakes you up when you’re in the lightest sleep cycle, allowing you to wake up gently and get a better night’s sleep. ($0.99 on iOS and free on GooglePlay)
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones (Wireless): These wireless headphones are a little on the pricey side, but the noise cancelling function is worth it. Perfect for those study sessions when your neighbors are having a party or for the nights when you’re trying to sleep and your roommate’s snoring is keeping you up! (from $299.95)
- Bezalel Latitude Phone Case/Prelude “Wireless Charger”: This one is more a “two for one” combo. The Latitude charging case plugs into your iPhone to protect it and to charge it wirelessly (perfect for those waits in the airport and the outlets are taken). If you don’t have the wireless charging capability, you can buy the Prelude Wireless Charger to work with your case and charge your phone with a completely wireless and mobile charger. Just charge up the Prelude, throw it in your bag or car, and you’re good to go wherever you are with one less cord to worry about! (Latitude Case $50, Prelude Wireless Charger $80)
Good luck getting back into the swing of things! Make sure to check out our other blog posts: HERE